GCT has years of experience in the oil industry, and thoroughly understands the oilfield production storage requirements and can engineer each tank according to specific drilling mud weight while upholding the design principals and specifications required by API 12B.
GCT provides only the highest quality materials when producing all tank components. Our exceptional epoxy powder coating protects against chemical resistance and provides immersion performance even when storing caustic acids, brines, and sour crude. All coatings are factory applied and thermally cured in environmentally controlled conditions, providing unparalleled protection and durability to field applied coatings.
Modular tank components fit together precisely and quickly every time without the field expense of welding crews and costly tools. Certified erection contractors are trained and knowledgeable in current erection practices of the oil & gas industry. GCT has erected tanks all across the United States using only local labor, and erection supervisors are provided to guide local labor in the erection process on international jobs.
GCT Drilling Muds & Fluids Storage Tanks Specification Options
- Factory-coated carbon steel
- Galvanized steel
- Stainless Steel
- Standard diameters available from 9’ (2.8 m) to 148’ (45 m)
- Factory welded diameters from 6’ to 15’
- Standard designs: API 12B
- Standard tank capacities range from 4,000 to 3 million US gallons
- Larger capacity tanks available
- Steel-Flat: 1:12 sloped, Drop Bottom™, 1:120 Crowned, Embedded Ring (concrete bottom)
- 1:120 Crowned
- Embedded Ring (Concrete bottom)
- Hot-dipped galvanized
- Encapsulated nuts and bolts available
- EPDM gaskets standard
- Specialty gaskets available for high temperatures or special contents